Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mangia, mangia!


For those of you who do not know, Taralli, is an Italian biscuit.

I have searched for a great Taralli recipe and so far this is the best one I have found. I like to eat it with fennel seed but it is also really good with red pepper. I have not ventured into the sweet versions of Taralli as of yet.

I love the unique taste of munching on these little treats. While the ingredients are quite simple, the trick to make them taste really good is to get the dough cooked thoroughly so that they are crunchy.


Here is my recipe:

1/2 cup olive oil,
1 cup white dry wine
flour
1/3 tsp salt
and add a tablespoon of whatever spice you like...
Fennel is by far my favorite but get creative!
Rosemary, garlic, black pepper, sea salt..

Knead until the dough is dry.

I have noticed that sticky dough makes it harder to roll out.





Roll out the dough. You want it to be pretty thin. You can have fun and make them any design you want.


Put them in boiling water (10 at a time). When they are cooked they rise to the top. Drain
the excess water off and let them try on a towel.


Bake them in the oven at 400 degrees until they are golden brown. Enjoy them in the morning
with a cup of coffee or at night with a glass of wine and cheese.

No comments: