Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Throw my net into the Sea



Grilled Tuna Steak Baja







4 tuna fillets
2 tbs olive oil
minced garlic
1 tbs shallot or red onion
1 jalapeno
1 lime with juice and zest
1/4 tsp ground cumin
black pepper

Let marinate for a few hours and grill or cook in a frying pan.

One of my favorites songs I learned when living in Hawaii is the Hukilau Song.

If you don't know it , here it is ... if you ever want me to sing it to you, I can guarantee the catchy tune will stick in your head. I always think of it when I go fishing as i seems to draw the fish to me or when I preparing it for some odd reason.


Oh, we're going to a hukilau. A huki, huki, huki, huki, hukilau. Ev'rybody loves a hukilau. Where the lau lau is the kau kau at the big luau. We throw our nets out into the sea, and all the `ama`ama come a-swimming to me. Oh, we're going to a Hukilau. Huki, huki, huki, huki, Hukilau


2 comments:

candace sparks said...

love your site iz, you are so tender and precious, your true beauty shines through in what you do for others.

Unknown said...

I tried this and it was amazing! Bravo!